dw-150m

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자역삼동철이 조회 0회 작성일 2020-08-14 16:28:29 댓글 0

본문

Hürtgen forest and the end of World War II | Free Full DW Documentary

Thousands of soldiers were killed in the last battles of World War II. US troops who fought in the Hürtgen Forest nicknamed it the "Death Factory." This documentary features original film from US archives that bring the battle back to life.

It's estimated that as many as 30 thousand US and German soldiers were killed in fighting in the northern Eifel region of Germany in the autumn and winter of 1944 and 1945. Traces of the battle - old bunkers, munitions, trenches and tank tracks - are still visible even today. The scarred landscape bears witness to a little-known chapter of World War Two. The "Hürtgen Forest" was the last obstacle standing between US forces and the Rhine River and Ruhr. Yet the decision to advance into the thick forest in September 1944 proved to be a fatal mistake. The Americans completely miscalculated North Eifel region's rugged terrain. They became disoriented in an area the German forces, the Wehrmacht, had crisscrossed with trenches and peppered with anti-personnel mines, making the wood into a veritable fortress. Continual rain and fog, followed by snow and frigid temperatures, turned the battle into a scene of dystopian butchery. Author Ernest Hemingway spent 18 days on the front in the Hürtgen Forest. He wrote later, "It was a place where it was extremely difficult for a man to stay alive even if all he did was be there."

This documentary reconstructs the stages of the battle using commentary from survivors of the clash. Among them are the well-known US photographer Tony Vaccaro, US Army veteran James K. Cullen and former Wehrmacht soldier Paul Verbeek. In addition, Hürtgen Forest residents tell of the legacy of the battle, including the threat posed by countless unexploded munitions left in the ground 75 years after the conflict in Europe ended.
Vicki Hunt : A dumb campaign when the Hurtgen forest should of been by passed, not to many smart General,s in the US Armed Forces, Only had one Great General Thomas (Stone Wall ) Jackson !!! CSA.
MagMoz TV : Most wicked people realize the truths when they are old
David C. : Words to remember all: “The trouble that mankind makes is he thinks he’s Italian, he’s German, he’s Spanish, no we’re all humans! This beautiful paradise is our earth, beautiful!!!”
John 007 : It's so sad that the German people feel so guilty for what their ancestors brought on the world during the two world wars that they are now allowing their country to disappear by opening their borders to millions of mohammadans whose goal is to force a medieval religion and way of life on the country and killing anyone who doesn't except it.
John 007 : Man should not be killing man at this time in our history with the world so connected all our problems should be dealt with at the table
Gleichtritt : Why would you treat the German fallen soldiers differently than the American? Yes, they were fighting for something else, but they had no choice, they were young and also they were a lot less well informed than we are nowdays....gosh our stupid German office puppets again....
Blazed Tuna : Wish I faught and died there
X VSJ : Oscar Wilde Had the following quote “As long as war is regarded as wicked it will always have its fascination. When it is looked upon as vulgar, it will cease to be popular.”
Damian Butterworth : My Granddad was a rear machine gunner at Dunkirk and went on D Day. He used to sit watch the History channel a lot. I wish I had sat with him at the time and asked him about it as it was on TV.
Sven Lindemann : Never let history repeat itself, I am so grateful my birth country was liberated and got a second chance and I am proud to be an American now !!!

US threatens Germany with sanctions over Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline | DW News

A dispute between the US and Germany over Russian gas is likely to come to a head this week as US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo embarks on a European tour. The US believes a new pipeline makes Germany too dependent on Russia. There is already one pipeline running under the Baltic Sea. Now a new one, Nord Stream 2, is nearing completion. It's expected to pump some 55 billion cubic meters of gas from Russia to Germany every year. The project has been a major bone of contention between Berlin and Washington. Just last week, US senators threatened to slap sanctions on a Germany's Mukran Port, where essential building materials for the pipeline are stored. That has caused outrage in the port.

Subscribe: https://www.youtube.com/user/deutschewelleenglish?sub_confirmation=1\r
\r
For more news go to: http://www.dw.com/en/\r
Follow DW on social media:\r
►Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/deutschewellenews/\r
►Twitter: https://twitter.com/dwnews\r
►Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dw_stories/\r
Für Videos in deutscher Sprache besuchen Sie: https://www.youtube.com/channel/deutschewelle
#NordStream2 #Germany #Pompeo
Paul K : Russia under Vladimir Putin is a very dangerous prospect. Funding the Taliban against America in Afghanistan, using deadly nerve agent in Salisbury UK, propping up the Venezuelan dictator, hacking research into Covid vaccines, propping up Iran. Do not trust Vladimir Putin.
Klevis Visi : I thought Trump was a Russian puppet
vodhi bidda20 : what's is this? Style or Culture of Unkle Shams?
Chrono_ Black : The US is given out sanctions like twitch giving bans
Simon Nowicki :
agung prasetyo : A clear US intervention towards Germany sovereignty.. US and China becoming more and more in same page.
Wolfgang K : When America farts the whole world has to put up with the smell.
One of The Chosen : You'll gain more prosperity with Russia.
Life pro Lover : WW3?
john franklin : The US has gone mad. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

VW ID.3: The people's electric car? | Check | Volkswagen ID.3 Review

Is the ID.3 the most important EV ever made? Will it make or break Volkswagen? The giant German carmaker needs to reinvent itself after the 2015 diesel scandal. VW wants the ID.3 to be a midrange bestseller like the Beetle and the Golf before it. So can the ID.3 become the electric car of the people? As one of the biggest car manufactures in the world, VW is betting the bank on leading the car market once again, in an electric future.

NB: If you are wondering: Reinhold's car was a 1st Max. But as you can't order that model any more, we opted for the stats of the Pro S model. The report is more a discussion of the "People's Car" aspect than an in-depth technical test ;-)

► Liked the video? Let us know by giving us a thumbs up!
► Want to see more? Make sure to subscribe
► Check our website: https://dw.com/REV

REV - The Global Auto and Mobility Show from Deutsche Welle

Report, Camera, Editor: Jan Becher
Moderation: Reinhold Deisenhofer

#DW #DWREV #VW
John Capehart : Range??
2nd3rd1st : They say GAS pedal and THROTTLE. Are they not aware that battery cars don't have either?
Not much different to say accelerator, Power pedal or Go pedal.
Trivia Challenge : Needs to be less than £25k to be for the masses.
pillowpants337 : I understand why they made the front of the ID3 look the way they did, however I think it would look ever better if the car had the lower grill "C" lights like the eGolf/eUp. Maybe it could be added to one of the higher trim levels?
Lillebror Jensen : Only 2 Versions? Not 3 !!
John Edwards : Its too much like BMW's i3...
GET2222 : $42,000 for a golf hatchback? Haha... why would I reward a company who lies to the world?

WAAAAAYYYY OVERPRICED!!!

and the software doesn’t work... noice!
Jay G. : The price Inst for the masses that’s for sure
Albert Einstein : sponsored by VW?
Ziri Ziri : When are you going to sell the Car in Morocco?

#dw-150m

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

전체 1,426건 1 페이지
게시물 검색
Copyright © www.xn--z92b17u.kr. All rights reserved.  Contact : help@oxmail.xyz